Updated Bathroom Ideas for Teens & Family BathroomsAug 01, 2022
Family bathrooms need style too!
Use these tips for updated bathroom ideas for teens and kids that everyone will love.
Looking for ways to get your family cleaned up, organized, and on the right track? You’re not alone! Changing family needs – especially as kids get older – is one of the biggest reasons to take on a home improvement project, and family bathrooms used by kids and teens are an important space to give some attention to.
Here are some wonderful before and afters from some of our customers!
Why Shared Bathroom Updates are Important
In many homes, the hall bathroom becomes kids and teens bathroom where everyone gets ready for school in the morning and cleans up before bed at night. Believe it or not, kids aren’t known for keeping their bathrooms particularly clean (surprise!), so this arrangement can be stressful – especially as teenage bathroom habits start to emerge.
Thankfully, there are a few shared bathroom updates you can make to help make sharing a bathroom easier on everyone.
Updated Bathroom Ideas for Teens & Kids
If the shared bathroom in your home is primarily used by kids, start with a bathing space that will grow with them. From there, choose easy-clean materials, and add extra storage to wrangle everything from toys to styling products.
- A tub-shower combo is the ideal bathing layout for family bathrooms. These two-in-one bathing spaces give plenty of room for young kids to take a bath, while older kids and teens can shower easily, without taking up the space needed for a separate tub and shower. Plus, the inside edge of the tub in most tub-shower combos can provide a multi-functional ledge for shampoo bottles, tub toys, or shaving.
- Easy-clean acrylic makes the best surface for teens’ and kids’ bathrooms. From spilled shampoo and bubble bath, to rusty rings from shaving cream cans, acrylic tubs and shower walls wipe clean with soap and water or a mild vinegar solution, and never need scrubbing. This material is always preferable to tiled shower walls, which can stain and be difficult to scrub clean, especially in kids’ bathrooms.
- Bath and shower storage caddies will be your best bet for maximizing space inside the shower. Multi-tier shelves and caddies provide space for shampoo bottles, soaps, etc., and let little kids place their items down low, while older sibling can claim the higher shelves.
- Storage vanities are a great way to provide plenty of useable space in a shared bathroom. While vanities with large cabinets can be helpful, they may be difficult to keep organized. Instead, opt for vanities that have drawers and cabinets to make better use of the space. Each kid in the family can claim a drawer for their personal items, while the cabinet can be used to store larger items like extra toilet paper, towels, hair dryers, and other appliances. Wipe-clean quartz or solid surface vanity tops make countertop clean-up easy, even for messy kids.
- Additional bathroom storage options include medicine cabinets that can keep everyday items like toothbrushes and toothpaste hidden without placing them out of reach. Functional wall niches are another great option that can be placed wherever you need extra storage inside or outside the shower.
More Bathroom Update Ideas for Shared Bathrooms
With an easy-to-clean tub-shower combo and a good mix of storage options for everyone’s personal items, you’re well on your way to creating a shared bathroom that kids, teens, and their parents will love. Be sure to style add some fun style to the space as well!
Bathrooms – especially kids and teens bathroom spaces – are a great place to experiment with color, pattern, and fun design options. Adding additional functional features can make life easier too. Try these fun bathroom ideas for tends and kids:
- Choose a neutral acrylic wall color and complementary vanity colors that will grow with your kids.
- Use bright paint colors or wallpaper to add a fun pop that’s easy to change as your kids get older. (Check out our design ideas here!)
- Keep a multi-section laundry hamper inside the bathroom so dirty clothes don’t pile up.
- Add a pull-out to your vanity cabinet for storing hair appliances like hair dryers, flat irons, and curling irons.
- Opt for bath mats and fabric shower curtains that can be easily tossed in the wash to keep them fresh and clean.
⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
“We had a new tub shower put in for our home and I am so excited with how it all turned out. The installers were on time, cleaned up their mess, and weren’t loud during the entire process. Our bathroom only took 1 day which was a relief. Kyle was extremely informative and answered any questions I had throughout the day.”
– Alexa G., Sidney, OH
Let Improveit Help Take the Mess Out of Your Family Bathrooms
From playground dirt and the newest glitter slime recipe, to high school sports and, well, just being a teenager, kids and teens need bathrooms that will grow with them – and stand up to the mess that comes with it. Improveit’s easy-clean acrylic tub shower combos are the ideal starting point for your shared family bathrooms, and we can help you add the right vanities, storage, and accessories to create the easy-clean family bathroom you need.
Give us a call today at 855-637-2999 or fill out the form below to make your family bathroom update ideas a reality!
"*" indicates required fields