Average Window Replacement Costs
How Much Does It Cost to Replace Windows?
The national average cost to replace windows is $20,482 according to the 2022 Cost vs. Value report. This data from Zonda is based on replacing 10 double-hung windows (approximately 3×5 feet in size) with insulated vinyl replacement windows featuring low-E glass, window grids, and a custom-color exterior finish. This average cost, which includes labor, is up 5.7% from 2021, and up 34% from 2017.
The Average Cost to Replace Windows in Improveit’s Service Areas
Improveit’s customers throughout Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana can expect to pay less for window replacement compared to the national average. The 2022 Cost vs. Value Report indicates the following project costs for window replacement in Improveit’s service areas:
While national average window pricing rose 5.7% from 2021 to 2022, Improveit’s service areas saw an average cost increase of just 4.4%.
The cost recouped percentage in the table above indicates the average return on investment (ROI) for a window replacement project upon selling a home in these areas. The Cost vs Value report indicates an average ROI of 67.5% nationally. While actual ROI differs by market, Improveit customers remain very close to the national average with a 67.3% ROI on window replacement.
Window Pricing for Improveit Customers
Window replacement prices will vary by market, by home, and by each homeowner’s personal preferences. When determining a quote for a particular project, Improveit design consultants take several details into account, including:
- Decorative grid options
- Custom color selections
- Other details like property access and special equipment needs.
All of these details – and more! – will be discussed during an in-home consultation with an Improveit design consultant. Learn more about our worry-free remodeling process and how you can start your project today.
How Can I Lower My Window Replacement Costs?
Window replacement can be a big expense, but there are plenty of ways to maximize the value of your investment.
- Don’t Hesitate. The average cost to replace windows will continue to rise, so getting your project started sooner rather than later is the easiest way to save money. Improveit offers down-to-the-penny quotes that are good for a full year, so schedule an appointment today to insulate your investment against price increases into 2023!
- Capitalize on Energy Efficiency. Installing energy-efficient replacement windows helps maximize your investment by lowering your home’s energy bills. While this savings will differ by home, most improveit customers say they notice a difference in their home comfort – and their bills – quickly.
- Invest in Quality. Choosing value-priced windows may seem like a smart cost-saving measure, but what you save on price you pay for in quality. Lower-quality, builder-grade windows aren’t built to last the way Performax54 windows are. Chances are you’ll end up replacing your cheaper windows again down the road, costing you more in the long run.
- Choose the Best Warranty. Taking advantage of Improveit’s unbeatable warranty will also save you from having to buy new windows ever again. Our lifetime, transferrable warranty covers both labor and materials, as well as broken glass and broken seals – issues many companies don’t cover – and can be transferred to new owners, adding value to the sale of your home.
- Take Advantage of Financing. The right financing can help even large window replacement project fit comfortably into your everyday budget. An Improveit design consultant can discuss numerous available options fit your needs.