Average Window Replacement Costs
How Much Does It Cost to Replace Windows?
The national average cost to replace windows is $20,091 according to the 2023 Cost vs. Value Report. This data is based on replacing 10 double-hung windows (approximately 3×5 feet in size) with insulated vinyl replacement windows featuring low-E glass, window grids, and a custom-color exterior finish. This average cost, which includes labor, is down 1.9% from 2022, and up 25.9% from 2018.
The Average Cost to Replace Windows in ohio & Kentucky
Improveit’s customers throughout Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana can expect to pay slightly more for window replacement compared to the national average. The table at left indicates Cost vs. Value project costs for window replacement in five major cities.
The cost recouped percentage in the table indicates the average return on investment (ROI) for a window replacement project upon selling a home in these areas. The Cost vs Value report indicates an average ROI of 68.5% nationally. Actual ROI differs by market, and these numbers do not account for the added value of energy savings over time, or the added value of a transferable warranty.
Window Pricing for Improveit Customers
Window replacement prices will vary by market, by home, and by each homeowner’s personal preferences. When determining a quote for a particular project, Improveit design consultants take several details into account, including:
- Decorative grid options
- Custom color selections
- Other details like property access and special equipment needs.
All of these details – and more! – will be discussed during an in-home consultation with an Improveit design consultant. Learn more about our worry-free remodeling process and how you can start your project today.
How Can I Lower My Window Replacement Costs?
Window replacement can be a big expense, but there are plenty of ways to maximize the value of your investment.
- Don’t Hesitate. The average cost to replace windows is likely to increase again soon, so starting your project sooner rather than later is the easiest way to save money. Improveit offers down-to-the-penny quotes that are good for a full year! Schedule an appointment today to insulate your investment against price increases into 2024.
- Capitalize on Energy Efficiency. Installing energy-efficient replacement windows helps maximize your investment by lowering your home’s energy bills. While this savings will differ by home, many Improveit customers say they notice a difference in their home comfort – and their energy bills – right away.
- Invest in Quality. Choosing value-priced windows may seem like a smart cost-saving measure, but what you save on price you pay for in quality. Lower-quality, builder-grade windows aren’t built to last the way Performax54 windows are. Chances are you’ll end up replacing your cheaper windows again down the road, costing you more in the long run.
- Choose the Best Warranty. Taking advantage of Improveit’s unbeatable warranty will also save you from having to buy new windows ever again! Our lifetime, transferrable warranty covers both labor and materials, as well as broken glass and broken seals – issues many companies don’t cover – and can be transferred to new owners, adding value to the sale of your home.
- Take Advantage of Financing. The right financing can help window replacement fit comfortably into your everyday budget. An Improveit design consultant can discuss numerous available options fit your needs.