Why is My Remodel Taking So Long?
How long does it take to remodel a bathroom anyway? We’ll be honest: the supply chain pandemic could make it take a little longer than you might expect.
The Pandemic & Your Remodeling Timeline
Remodeling your home can create a roller coaster of emotions from the heights of anticipation about your home improvements, to the dips of anxiously waiting for your materials to come in. At Improveit, we’ve worked with homeowners at all of these stages – and then some! – always ending with the thrill of a beautiful finished project. Our goal is to give you a 5-star customer experience, and we know that a having a smooth remodeling process from start to finish is key to achieving that.
With that in mind, we want to be fully transparent with all of our existing and potential customers about the current impact of the Covid-19 supply chain pandemic on businesses nationwide.
We know, we know.
The pandemic is slowing down. Mask mandates have been lifted and states are reopening to near-normal levels. So how can we still be talking about the effects of Covid-19? The truth is, “Post-Pandemic Syndrome” is affecting supply chains at a global level. It’s the reason that everything from plywood to new cars are in short supply. Read on to learn more about how Post-Pandemic Syndrome developed, and what Improveit is doing to mitigate its effects as much as possible.
How the Supply Chain Pandemic Affects Remodeling Timelines
As it’s come to be known, “Post-Pandemic Syndrome” is the result of four phases that created a perfect storm of supply and demand. All industries have been affected, including home improvement.
Industry Ramp-Down when the pandemic first started
Unexpected Demand in remodeling activity as time at home increased
Raw Material Shortages & Price Increases affecting supply, demand, and cost
Limited Labor & Shipping lengthen material delivery and remodeling timelines
You can read more about each of these phases in the graphic below.
Improveit’s 5-Star Response to Post-Pandemic Syndrome
At Improveit, all of these supply chain delays and labor shortages are affecting how efficiently we can finish projects. Materials including tempered glass, shower valves, and foam-insulated bathtubs and shower bases are just a few of the products we use that are affected by raw materials shortages. We’re also impcted by ongoing labor shortages, and shipping constraints caused by Covid-19.
Having said that, our dedication to your 5-Star Customer Experience remains true. Our operations team is in regular contact with our vendors to stay on top of supply chain news, and we’re working to proactively communicate with all customers with forthcoming, transparent, and honest details about the remodeling timelines they can expect as we work to complete projects.
As we do that, here are our promises to you:
- Constant Communication: We are in touch with our supply chain partners regularly to check on production timelines and estimated delivery dates for finished materials. We’ll always communicate with you on your project status.
- Responsive Service: We’ll continue to provide you with a 5-star Customer Experience, honoring our lifetime warranties, and scheduling installations and service as efficiently as possible without compromising quality.
- Mindful Preparation: We’ll be transparent and honest about potential delays, and will only schedule your installation once we have all of your materials on-hand.
- Built-In Value: Our one-year price lock guarantee still stands, and insulates you from further price increases even in the current climate.
- Proactive Growth: We are actively hiring for installation, service, and additional roles throughout the organization, and in all of our markets. Come join our team or share career opportunities with anyone you think would be a great fit!
How Long Does it Take to Remodel a Bathroom or Get New Windows?
The length of your remodel from order to completion will vary on a number of factors, including the extent of the project, the type of financing you choose, and the impact of Post-Pandemic Syndrome on the supply chain.
Currently, our standard lead times for window replacement projects have not been affected by Post-Pandemic Syndrome, but full bathroom remodels are somewhat lengthened. If you’re scheduling a new remodel with Improveit, your expert project consultant will have more details specific to the scope of your project. For customers with projects currently in-process, feel free to reach us at 800-555-6125 with questions about remodeling timelines.
Are you concerned about starting your remodeling project amid Post-Pandemic Syndrome? We understand. Here are a few things to remember as you consider your remodeling options in the current climate:
- Starting your Improveit project sooner rather than later will ensure that you get in the production queue earlier than homeowners who wait to remodel.
- Longer lead times give you more time for prep work you may want to take on before the remodel begins, such as emptying out bathroom cabinets.
- Be cautious of contractors that say they’re available to start work immediately. They may lack the expertise, service experience, or quality products you’d get from companies with slightly longer lead times. Some contractors may also start demolition work before materials are available, leaving you living in a construction zone much longer than necessary.
For a 5-Star Remodeling Experience – even in an unpredictable environment– give Improveit a call today at 855-637-2999. We’ll make sure that remodeling roller coaster runs as smoothly as possible so you can improve your home with confidence!