From Thanksgiving Prep to Christmas planning, this handy holiday checklist helps you get everything ready with time to spare!
The fall leaves are changing and it’s just a few weeks until the holiday season! If that thought gives you more anxiety than joy, you might just need a good holiday checklist to get your Thanksgiving prep and Christmas planning on track. Click through the checklists below (including handy printables!) to go room by room, month by month and get everything just the way you want it.
October Holiday Planning Checklist
Halloween may be at the end of the month, but don’t delay that costume planning! It’s also a great time to clean out the pantry before holiday baking begins. Use the tabs below to plan your October holiday prep list.
- Test your furnace and schedule any necessary maintenance.
- Schedule carpet cleanings before guests arrive.
- Check your windows for drafts, broken seals, and damaged locks. If needed, schedule a window replacement project to complete before the real cold weather arrives.
- Inspect bathtubs and showers for broken tile and grout, moldy caulk, leaks, and other problems to repair before guests visit.*
- Inspect gutters, eaves, and attic windows for damage. Repair any damage or access holes before critters decide to move in for the cold weather.*
November Thanksgiving Prep & Holiday checklist
A big feast is coming, but before you start your holiday baking, give some attention to chores in and around the house with this household checklist.
- Check last year’s holiday lights for burnt-out bulbs, working timers, and anything damaged or outdated.
- Take time to hang holiday lights now before the weather gets too cold.
- Clean indoor and outdoor light fixtures to remove bugs, dirt, and dust. Replace burnt-out bulbs.
- Change the batteries in your smoke detectors.
- Have clean linen sets, including sheets, pillowcases, blankets, and towels ready for guests.
December Christmas planning and holiday checklist
December holiday planning is your chance to tie the year up with a nice bow so you can start the New Year off right. Use these tips get everything crossed off your gift-giving list and your around-the-house to-do list.
- Prep your home and vehicles for bad winter weather. Equip each vehicle with an ice scraper, flashlight, blanket, bottled water, and first-aid kit.
- Make sure your home has plenty of working flashlights, batteries, an emergency radio, first-aid supplies, food, and water, etc.
- Clean any remaining fall leaves from your gutters to prevent ice dams from forming over the winter.
Need Some Help Crossing off Your Holiday Checklist?
There’s a lot to do during the last few weeks of the year, but planning ahead and having the security of a lifetime warranty can help. Give the Improveit team a call to take some items off your to-do list. Whether it’s time to replace your windows so you don’t suffer through another cold winter, or the outdated guest bathroom needs a refresh for holiday guests, our crews work all year long and are ready to help!