Halloween is just around the corner which means it’s the perfect time to get in the spooky spirit. Want your house to be the scariest on the street without spending a scary amount of time or money getting it there? Try these 3 simple, low-cost ideas.
Wax paper, red paint, paint brush, scissors, tape
1. Spread out wax paper, preferably outside
2. Use a paintbrush to splatter red paint across the paper
3. Wait for the paint to dry and cut the paper to fit your window, and tape from the inside
Trash bags, scissors, tape
1. Trim top and bottom of the bag (the part with the strings)2. Fold into a triangle and trim excess so all the sides line up
3. Cut the side of the triangle so it looks like this:
4. Unfold your web and tape it to your window!http://www.fastforwardfun.com/easy-diy-trash-bag-spiderwebs/
Cardboard, black marker, black paper, tape, scissors
1. Cut pieces of cardboard into strips
2. Use black marker to create a wood-like pattern on the cardboard (see above picture)
3. Trace hands onto black paper and cut them out
4. Tape the cardboard pieces onto your window, and stick the hands in between the cardboard
DO YOUR WINDOWS ALREADY LOOK SPOOKY ON THEIR OWN?
Cracks, mold, and condensation are dead giveaways that your windows have worn out their welcome. Request a free quote – good for a full year – from your trusted Columbus replacement windows company to make sure your decorations are the only thing spooky about your windows.