You notice as the season’s change your house just doesn’t seem as warm in the winter and cool enough in the summer. Is it time for you to start considering installing additional insulation?
Some factors to examine when considering adding insulation to your home are:
- The age of your home. If your home is over ten years old, you most likely will need more. Only 20 percent of home built before 1980 are properly insulated.
- If you are colder in the winter and cooler in the summer, despite what your thermostat says.
- Your energy bills are simply too high. Installing additional insulation will often pay for itself in a short amount of time.
- You hear noise from the outside and it is bothersome to you. Adding insulation will help muffle those noises.
Investing in insulation will pay off not only financially but in other ways too such as your home comfort and for the environment through less energy use. Additional insulation contributes to:
- Even temperatures in your home
- Moisture control
- Increased resale value
- Lower energy bills
- Noise and acoustic control
- More environmentally friendly home